Moving from Seattle, Washington to New York, New York with Cross Country Movers Group
Are you planning on moving home? If so, have you picked New York as your destination of choice? That is a great decision! New York is a simply marvellous city in so many ways! But, the question is – how do you get there? Quite easy, actually – you just need the right long distance movers to help you out. You’ll probably be looking for just the right Seattle movers. Well, you’re in luck, with Cross Country Movers Group by your side, you’ll be good to go.
We are here to help you with packing, unpacking, loading, unloading, and so much more with our reliable long distance moving services. We can also transport your vehicle to your new home, as well as store your belongings if needed. What you need to do is call us and schedule your long distance move with one of the best Seattle movers in the business.
One of our most popular moving services is auto transport, and you can count on us to safely ship your vehicle anywhere in the country. No matter where you decide to move to in the end, you can count on our reliable auto transport services. You won’t have to worry about it at all knowing that your car is in the safe hands of our experienced drivers. We offer both open trailer and closed trailer auto shipping services, and depending on your region we can also provide you with door to door car delivery.
But before you start packing your moving boxes now that you know that there are Seattle movers out there who you can count on, you should probably take some time to learn more about your future home. And later on, you might let us at Cross Country Movers Group take you there. Read on to find out what makes the city of New York so special.
About New York, New York
New York is located in the state of New York. It is situated in the northeastern part of the United States. New York State represents the 27th most expensive and the 4th most populous state in the United States. The city of New York is the most populous city in the entire US, with an astonishing 8,550,405 residents. Because New York represents a very large and populous city, it is considered to be the center of the New York Metropolitan area. The city has a great impact on the finance, media, art, commerce, fashion, technology and entertainment of both the United State and the entire world. This city is also an important international diplomacy, finance and culture center. New York City consists of 5 large boroughs – Staten Island, the Bronx, Queens, Brooklyn and Manhattan.
Weather in New York, New York
New York is located in the world’s largest natural harbor. This significantly influences its weather conditions. New York belongs to a humid subtropical climate zone. It’s the most north city with this type of climate in the entire US. New York’s climate has all four seasons, including warm, humid summers and cold, wet winters. During the winter months of the year, prevailing winds can occur often. The average temperature for January is around 32°F. During the summer, the daily mean temperatures are generally around 76°F. There are generally 234 days with sunshine throughout the year. Spring and fall, the transitional seasons, can be quite unpredictable. The temperatures during spring and fall can range from chilly to warmer ones. The humidity is generally low in New York City. When it comes to the precipitation rates, New York has an average of 50 inches of rain per year. Hurricanes and tropical storms can occur sometimes in New York City.
Employment Opportunities in New York, New York
Looking for a new job in New York? This city is a great place for both beginners and experienced people. It is also great if you’re planning on starting your own business. Take a look at New York’s top rated employers:
- United States Government: 50,700 employees
- New York City Health and Hospitals Corp.: 36,244 employees
- JP Morgan Chase & Co.: 27,157 employees
- State of New York: 25,441 employees
- Citigroup Inc.: 24,809 employees
- New York City Department of Education: 119,410 employees
- North Shore-LIJ Health System: 20,775 employees
- Mount Sinai Medical Center: 18,999 employees
- City of New York: 148,898 employees
- Metropolitan Transportation Authority: 66,804 employees
For more information, click here.
Do you think the career of your dreams is waiting for you in NYC? Hesitate no more but hire our long distance movers to get you there as soon as possible.
Things to do in New York, New York
New York is one of the most popular tourist attractions in the US. It’s visited by millions of tourists every single year! Here are some of the most interesting places to see in New York:
- Brooklyn Bridge
- Statue of Liberty
- Ellis Island
- American Museum of Natural History
- Central Park
- Empire State Building: This art deco monument is considered to be a world-wide symbol of New York City. The Empire State Building is frequently featured of post cards that you can buy on the streets of New York. The views from the 86th floor said to be magnificent.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: The museum has more than 2 million pieces of art, which represent 5,000 years of history. The museum is so big that it could take up to a week to walk through the entire thing.
- Museum of Modern Art: If you’re someone who enjoys art, you must visit this museum! It features many masterpieces, such as Picasso’s Les Demoiselles d’Avignon and Van Gogh’s Starry Night. The building of the museum is actually a maze of glass walkways permits viewing the art from different angles.
- Times Square: You have definitely heard of Times Square, the most popular part of the entire city. Residents of NYC frequently avoid this location because of how crowded it is.
For more information on tourist attractions, click here.
Are you ready to pack your bags and start anew in the Big Apple? With our professional Seattle movers as your long distance movers, your dream can come true in no time. So, pick up your phone and call Cross Country Movers Group right away.